Submissions that meet the following criteria will be considered for inclusion in the database. Please submit information through this link:
Online Submission Form.
A work must meet at least one of these criteria in order to be added to the Michigan Authors and Illustrators Database:
The author or illustrator was born, currently lives in, or writes or illustrates books where Michigan has import, and the work:
• has been reviewed in a professional journal.
• has received an award from an accredited organization.
• was published by a commercial publisher: a house that publishes the works of many individuals. (Note: Vanity and/or self-publishing is not sufficient to be included.)
• was published by an academic press, an historical society, or an educational or cultural institution.
• At least one of the author’s books must be found in multiple Michigan libraries.
• Failing to meet these criteria, a work may be accepted on the basis of the author’s body of work if the previous works meet any of these criteria.